I was listening to Noah Kagan’s great podcast the other day and I heard that he wanted someone to tell him what clothes to wear. (Check out Episode 007 of the Noah Kagan podcast)
I’m a big fan of Noah, so I thought I’d put together a style guide specifically tailored for him.
- Noah is 35 years old.
- He lives in Austin, Texas, so any style makeover can’t be too dressy. Austin is pretty laidback, so my research has told me. It’s not like being in London or NYC, so what might work there probably won’t work in Austin.
- He works out, so any new clothes need to fit well and flatter a solid build.
- He likes to wear t-shirts that feature a logo for his company, sumo.com.
This is Noah from his website okdork.com:
- Colour matching should focus on the neutrals as in this previous post. So white, navy, grey, black as the neutrals base, with a sprinkling of brighter colours like red, green, orange.
- There’s only room for one logo in the whole outfit. So if Noah wears a logo t-shirt, then he can’t wear logos on his cap, or his shorts/trousers. It would be logo overload. Never a good look.
- Focus on great fit and good quality.
Bomber jacket from Ted Baker. Even when it’s hot like it is in Austin, a man needs a jacket. A bomber jacket is lightweight but still looks sharp. Find the below bomber jacket here.
Sumo.com t-shirts need to be redesigned using better fabrics and stronger contrasts between the logo and the background t-shirt colour. I had a quick go on teespring.com below. (ignore the boxed outline – I couldn’t get a full preview on the site’s editor.)
Skinny chinos from Asos. (Check out the ones below in dark khaki)
Classic, simple sneakers from Nike and Adidas. We don’t want Noah to look like Kevin Federline. We want him to look like he knows good sneakers and isn’t too in your face. Stealth style if you will. Check these out.
Adidas Sam Smith (Check out the below here)
Adidas Originals Court Vantage (Check out the below here)
Nike Air Presto Essentials in black. (Check the below out here)
Nike Air Max 1 Ultra 2.0 Flyknit (Check the below out here)
Let me know what you think in the comments!